Pages

Meet With An Indian Farmer


Came across a confused dazzled face at bandra station today. Never knew that it is not the clothes but rather the impression you have of yourself that stops you from feeling naked. It was a face of a guy who never knew this crowd. Never seen so many people at once. Probably, thinking that the platform had more people than there were in his village. A village where each week one less life remained, as another succumbed to the a small loan.

"Kahi madad karu ajoba?(Can I help you with anything grandpa?)" With a big smile to the unexpected question in this city of dreams, he asked"What is the way to Shivaji Terminus?". He further told he was here to protest against the government for not providing him support that killed his son.

Rugged skin, wrinkles under eyes, on forehead suggesting he was more than 65 years old. White kurta dhoti but still strong hand and a sad eyes that tried to desperately hold onto the slipping hope that his silent protest will help him preserve whatever he has.

Life is strange. You start feeling bad when you read people committing suicide over shortage of water and loans. But it literally makes you feel naked, when it throws a moment with such people, and wonders you to ask what on earth is wrong with us that we are still acting as degenerates and not helping the person who puts food on our plate?

So many people including me soon would be going on jobs and maybe then would think of buying new branded stuff to look good. Many like me still want to own an IPhone but my heart brought down in its nudity asks " Is my status quo of a guy with addidas or Nike shoe, Iphone worth more than a life I can easily save. Just 20k could have saved a life!!."



Whoever destroys a soul, it is considered as if he destroyed an entire world. And whoever saves a life, it is considered as if he saved an entire world. Mishnah Sanhedrin 4:9; Yerushalmi Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin 37a.

Just 20k could have saved a life. A life that has left a widow asking why her husband died when he could have talked his grief with him. Did she fail as wife?

A death that might never explain the 7 year old girl or boy that why death was the only path left to follow. Why did the happy hardworking father didn't return from the farm when he left in the morning. Did he not return because of his/her naughtiness?

A death that makes every other mother and father of that farmer scared, whether tonight will my child return on foot or on bier.

So my friend next time we feel like buying that expensive watch, phone, cloths or when our salary comes, let's ask for once whether buying this is more important than giving this 20k to someone who is on brink of death. Just 20000 could save a life.
Think about it. Many lives are at stake.



Your ardent fan
WillG

WillG

I love to write under pseudonym WillG as I believe whatever I write, it actually is written through me. My writing is my impression of the expressions the world has in my life. I know you'll like it. Apart from that I love coding, violin and am an engineer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...


It’s very good blog! For sharing content and such nice information for me. I hope you will share some more content about. Please keep sharing!Shoe Bags